Win a 4-night trip to Los Angeles for four + Universal Studios tour
Classic FM and Compare The Market have teamed up to offer one lucky winner and three guests return flights to LA with fully inclusive car hire, four nights' accommodation at a top hotel, and a tour of Universal Studios and Movie Stars' Homes.
LA competitions seem to be flavour of the month at the moment. Having been to LA not long ago, here's my take on some must-dos for a few days there:
- See Hollywood - it goes without saying really - the Walk of Fame, Chinese Theatre and a selfie with the famous sign are all musts.
- A trip in the Hollywood Hills. A great way to get up close to the famous sign for some amazing pictures right in front of and/or behind it - and a stunning view of LA laid out beneath you. This can be quite a hike - the terrain is fine, but it can take up to a couple of hours to get to the sign. It's definitely worth it when you reach the highest point, and it's a lovely, serene way of escaping the constant traffic and noise of LA. Oh, and watch out for the tiny hummingbirds flying around you as you get closer to the top.
- Venice Beach - great to hang out and people-watch. Seeing people practising evening yoga on the beach in front of a glorious sunset is such a fond memory for me. Check out Muscle Beach, and walk along the surf to Santa Monica Pier.
- Take a trip to Malibu - excellent for celeb-spotting and feeling like a movie star yourself. The huge pristine beach-front houses are awesome.
Prize consists of:
- Return flights for four people to Los Angeles
- Fully inclusive car hire for the duration of your stay
- Four nights' accommodation at The Line Hotel on Wilshire Boulevard
- Universal Studios & Movie Stars Homes tours including rides, shows and attractions with professional guide and driver
To enter: click on the red button at the top of the page to take you to the original competition page, then answer the question - hint: the answer is a whole year. You'll then have to sign up or log in if you already have an account with Compare the Market, and follow the prompts from there.
Competition closes: 23:59 on 24th June 2018
Recently added travel and holiday competitions
Closing date: 28th April 2021
Closing date: 28th April 2021
Closing date: 30th April 2021
From the UK's most popular travel bloggers
11th February 2021 by StuartHints and tips for entering holiday competitions
During the loooong and often bleak lockdown days, travel and holiday competitions have become a precious bit of escapism for many people looking forward to a future when it's safe to venture out again. They give travel lovers the chance to see and dream about different destinations - and offer that little bit of hope that you might just win a free holiday. And it can get addictive!At Travelscoop we collate and feature all the best travel comps that we find online and feature them on our...
2nd February 2021 by StuartThink no-one ever wins holiday competitions? Think again
If you follow our emails and social media posts you're probably aware that Travelscoop are usually running a travel competition of some description.This week the team are working in Paris, and we drew the lucky winner of our Eurostar Paris competition yesterday outside the Eiffel Tower. You can check out the video here.Our previous competitions have included a Barcelona Norwegian Air one, and one to Amsterdam on Eurostar. All of the videos of me picking the winners can be viewed on our...
15th July 2020 by EmmaAnnouncing the result of our Crazy Bear hotel competition
On Friday 2nd November we drew the winner of our recent Crazy Bear hotel competition. The prize was a £250 voucher to spend on a stay at one of the Crazy Bear hotels. From the thousands of valid entries received, twenty were chosen at random and placed in a "hat" (actually a pumpkin, left over from Halloween!) We filmed Stuart drawing the winner, which can be seen in the Facebook video above. A big congratulations to Katie Barber - let us know how your stay goes! As Stuart mentions in the...
11th September 2020 by StuartIt's been a successful week!
It's been a big holiday competition-winning week at Travelscoop!If you're a regular 'scooper you'll probably be aware of our competition group on Facebook. All the competitions are found online and shared in the group by the members. And with over 16,000 members and growing, it's the largest UK Facebook group dedicated purely to travel competitions, with loads of new ones added every day.A little while ago a Heart FM competition was posted to the group, and was subsequently featured on the...
3rd August 2018 by StuartOoh la la! Travelscoop is going French
Grab a beret and a baguette and dig out your Daft Punk CDs, we've gone all French here at Travelscoop!This weekend - 4th & 5th August - to celebrate our Eurostar Paris £200 voucher competition coming to an end and choosing our lucky winner, we're showcasing some très bon French travel deals on social media. And we'll also be sharing a fab free-to-enter Paris-related competition or two that we've found online and are currently featuring on our website.As if that's not all Gallic enough,...