Departure30 August 2021 I'm flexible
Nights1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
BoardAll-inclusive Full-board Half-board Breakfast Self catering Room only
Win yourself a holiday to Austria
Half-board • Flights inc
Closing date: 30th September 2021
From mountainous landscapes to baroque palaces, Austria is an elegant country for both nature lovers and urban explorers. Visitors can ski the Alps in winter and cycle along the edge of the Danube River in summer. Vienna and Salzburg offer many historic and artistic delights, as well as a rich musical tradition.
Must see and do
- Historic centre of Vienna - The capital of Austria is packed with medieval and baroque architecture, grand monuments and elegant parks.
- Schonbrunn Palace and Park - Just outside Vienna, this 1,441-room Rococo palace was the summer residence of the Habsburg dynasty.
- Mozarts Geburtshaus - In Salzburg, the home of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is now a museum devoted to his life, family and musical achievements.
- Kunsthistorisches Museum - Vienna’s Museum of Fine Arts holds the stunning collection of the Habsburg royal family, in particular portraiture and armour.
- St Stephen’s Cathedral - The 12th-century Romanesque and Gothic church is Vienna’s most important religious building.
- Music - Let Vienna, the ‘City of Music’, dazzle you with nightly performances of Mozart and ‘waltz king’ Johann Strauß.
- Attend an elegant Viennese ball during the carnival season.
- Experience the Sound of Music for yourself, on a tour of the film’s locations in and around Salzburg.
- Discover Austrian folk and baroque music at the annual, world-famous Salzburg Festival.
Austria Blog posts
From the UK's most popular travel bloggers
28th July 2019 by Budget TravellerMy 75 tips to save money when travelling in Europe
Welcome to my ultimate guide to backpacking Europe on a budget- in this post I have pulled together my 75 best tips to save money while travelling in Europe. The post is a summary of my best posts and tips till date on the BudgetTraveller- all my 10 years of travelling across Europe, distilled into one simple blog post. There are still so many cool new tips and budget hacks that I am still discovering so if I missed out anything, I’d welcome your tips and feedback in the comments below. To...
24th June 2019 by PommieTravels10 must-see places in Salzburg
This list of essential places to visit in Salzburg will help you get to know one of the most beautiful cities in Austria and Europe, which we are sure will surprise you and exceed all your expectations. Hometown of Mozart, Salzburg will take you back several centuries in time as you stroll through the streets and squares of the historic center while confirming the many reasons why it is a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Based on our experience during the days we spent in the city during...
24th May 2019 by Rachel NicoleHow to spend a day In Vienna with Marco Polo Guides
Vienna was the second destination on our little multi-city trip that we took last month. We actually stayed in Bratislava for three nights in a very cute Air B&B and decided to take a day trip to Vienna. Travelling between Austria, Slovakia and Hungary on this trip was very simple and affordable on the trains. The trip between Bratislava and Vienna took just over an hour and cost €15 return. During the train journey, I did my research using my Vienna Marco Polo Guide to create the perfect...
1st March 2021 by Inside the Travel LabSummer in Lech – Exploring the Green Ring of Austria
Lech Zürs am Arlberg is a small place that attracts big names to its ski slopes. The Jordanian Royal Family. Formerly, Princess Diana. But summer in Lech is often overlooked. New flavours, traditional herb walks and innovative art installations spice up these hiking routes in Austria. Locals call it "the door to pure nature....
1st March 2021 by Inside the Travel LabWhat would you do with 100km of cheese? Behind the Käsestrasse, Austria
The hills are alive with the sound of cheese! The Kasestrasse translates to cheese road but it's actually a vast trail of tradition, culture and innovation. A great route for foodies and off the beaten track experience in West Austria....
8th February 2021 by StuartSalzburg's Christmas markets
The fourth-largest city in Austria is probably best renowned for being the birthplace of Mozart, the setting for ‘The Sound of Music’, and for its intrinsic links to the Christmas season.With such a uniquely diverse set of attractions, in an astonishingly beautiful snow-capped mountain setting, and as the birthplace of the carol ‘Silent Night’, how could I not book a European Christmas market trip to this UNESCO World Heritage Site? Practically on the German border, Salzburg offers...
8th February 2021 by StuartBeware the Krampus on your Christmas market trip
“Let’s go to Salzburg for the Christmas markets”, I said. “Think how lovely and festive it’ll be.” And so that’s what we did; blissfully unaware of the horrors that awaited us, in amongst Salzburg's breathtaking beauty. Christmas, here we come Flights and hotel booked for the first week in December, my sister and I set off for Austria’s fourth-largest city in buoyant Christmassy spirits. How could we not return home all ready to put up the tree and dig out those...