Departure4 April 2021 I'm flexible
Nights1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
BoardAll-inclusive Full-board Half-board Breakfast Self catering Room only
After years of division, Berlin has risen once again to become one of Europe's most glamorous capital cities, with superb museums, fine churches, wide boulevards and a thriving cultural life.
Things to do and see
- The Brandenberg Gate - The symbol of Berlin once stood between East and West, and is still its most famous image.
- The Gemaldegalerie - One of Germany's great art museums, containing works by Bosch, Dürer, Raphael, Titian and Botticelli.
- Charlottenburg Palace - This Baroque summer palace built by Sophie Charlotte features splendid royal apartments and beautiful gardens.
- Checkpoint Charlie - The one-time crossing point over the Berlin Wall houses a small museum showing the escape methods used to get from East to West.
- Deutsche Guggenheim Berlin - A state-of-the-art museum for modern art and contemporary exhibitions.
- Enjoy coffee and cakes at the Operncafé after strolling down the city's vibrant main street, Under den Linden.
- Go window-shopping and people-watching along Kurfürstendamm, or Ku'damm, as the locals know it.
- Catch a concert by the Berlin Philaharmonic, one of the best orchestras in the world.
- Berlin Zoo was founded in 1844 and holds more than 13,000 animals and an impressive aquarium - perfect for sunny afternoons.
- Explore the Tiergarten, a vast park that used to be a private hunting ground for the electors of Prussia.
When to visit
If you're planning a holiday in Berlin, our top picks for the best time to travel would be andecember
Cutting edge, youthful, historic and imposing, Berlin possesses a unique character. The capital of the country that invented the Christmas market is always going to be something special in December.
Berlin Blog posts
From the UK's most popular travel bloggers
12th February 2021 by AndyCheapest places to holiday in August
Throughout Europe, August is the busiest holiday season of the year. With scorching hot temperatures and summer holidays on everyone’s wish lists, it can also be the most expensive. It pays to keep your eyes open for package deals, in order to book early. The team at Simply Holiday Deals will make it easy for you, by delivering the best ones straight to your inbox.If you can schedule your holiday for later in the month, it’s possible to take advantage of cheaper prices, as the holidays wind...
1st February 2021 by Inside the Travel LabBerlin in one day: The 24 hours in Berlin itinerary
Is it possible to see Berlin in one day? Well, for a complex city with a complex past, you can do a lot in 24 hours without feeling rushed. How? Through some strategic choices and inside tips. Though I'd heartily recommend you give the city more time, here's how to spend one day in Berlin....
24th February 2020 by Budget TravellerPerfect weekend getaway from Berlin - Potsdam
Just a 40 minute ride from the chaotic and bustling Berlin, stepping into Potsdam feels like entering a different universe. Having visited and lived in Berlin for the past 10 years, I immediately asked myself what took me so long to visit this city. From Prussia to the birthplace of film, European architecture, international science institutes, and the decision to divide Germany, Potsdam is a wonderful microcosm of Europe’s diverse history and declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1990...
22nd January 2021 by PommieTravelsTravelling to Berlin: Useful German phrases and slang words to know
Being Germany’s capital, Berlin is a city full of incredible nightlife, fascinating history, impressive attractions, and delicious cuisine. But, more than anything, it’s a city that definitely has its own way of speaking. Although much of the city understands English, it’s worth learning a few useful German slang words and phrases during your visit. Of course, many travellers use some of the best translation apps for Android or iOS to simply make life easier, but you’ll find that...
11th February 2021 by TravMonkey48 hours in Berlin with itinerary
I spent a quick 48 hours in Berlin visiting some of the sights of the city. My itinerary for Berlin features city views, historical sights, museums, cafes and world famous monuments. How to use this itinerary. To view a place from the itinerary on the map, just click on the place name or click “View on the map” beneath each entry. You’ll also be able to see street view if it is available with the “street view button”....
1st March 2021 by HappyTimeBlogBerlin is pure history in full view
Many cities tell a story, but Berlin's extraordinary history makes for a particularly interesting one. The city has underdone huge transformation since the "fall of the wall”, but it's histoty remains front and center. With a lively youth and artistic culture, it professes over 170 museums, hundreds of music clubs and many outdoor public gardens.In between from enjoying trendy bistros, street festivals, museums, rock concerts and/or shopping at the cutting-edge boutiques, a visit to the...
Weather in Berlin
Our month-by-month guide to the weather and climate in Berlin