Departure21 June 2022 I'm flexible
Nights1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
BoardAll-inclusive Full-board Half-board Breakfast Self catering Room only
Holiday providerBlueSea Holidays British Airways EasyJet Holidays Jet2holidays
After years of division, Berlin has risen once again to become one of Europe's most glamorous capital cities, with superb museums, fine churches, wide boulevards and a thriving cultural life.
Things to do and see
- The Brandenberg Gate - The symbol of Berlin once stood between East and West, and is still its most famous image.
- The Gemaldegalerie - One of Germany's great art museums, containing works by Bosch, Dürer, Raphael, Titian and Botticelli.
- Charlottenburg Palace - This Baroque summer palace built by Sophie Charlotte features splendid royal apartments and beautiful gardens.
- Checkpoint Charlie - The one-time crossing point over the Berlin Wall houses a small museum showing the escape methods used to get from East to West.
- Deutsche Guggenheim Berlin - A state-of-the-art museum for modern art and contemporary exhibitions.
- Enjoy coffee and cakes at the Operncafé after strolling down the city's vibrant main street, Under den Linden.
- Go window-shopping and people-watching along Kurfürstendamm, or Ku'damm, as the locals know it.
- Catch a concert by the Berlin Philaharmonic, one of the best orchestras in the world.
- Berlin Zoo was founded in 1844 and holds more than 13,000 animals and an impressive aquarium - perfect for sunny afternoons.
- Explore the Tiergarten, a vast park that used to be a private hunting ground for the electors of Prussia.
When to visit
If you're planning a holiday in Berlin, our top picks for the best time to travel would be andecember
Cutting edge, youthful, historic and imposing, Berlin possesses a unique character. The capital of the country that invented the Christmas market is always going to be something special in December.
Things to do in Berlin
Berlin Blog posts
From the UK's most popular travel bloggers
4th February 2022 by Budget TravellerBerlin Outdoors: 48 hours off the beaten path
Berlin has been our base for the last 5 years. It is a city that even after all these years, I’m still discovering. It has so many rich and complex layers of history – there is never a dull moment here. Even though Berlin and Munich are like chalk and cheese with a very different architectural style, history and feel, Berlin too like Munich ( checkout my socially distant yet fun 48 hour Munich itinerary here ) has many wide open green spaces that are a sanctuary in a busy city like Berlin....
15th November 2021 by Two Monkey's Travel10 best things to do in Berlin
Berlin is the capital of Germany. It is probably known in the world and made famous for its walls that for years symbolized an era that ended with its fall, some sections are still standing and a destination for many tourists. Below is the list of the popular places to visit and things to do in Berlin, Germany....
18th October 2021 by Inside the Travel LabWhy is Berlin so popular?
Berlin. The world seems to love you but I’m not quite sure why. I went, once, and the two of us had a pretty good time. Your Christmas Markets glittered, your Currywurst tickled me pink and the history from your Wall (and the years that surrounded it) seeped deep into my soul. I was tired, almost broken. Searching for missing pieces and finding them in your winter heavy rain....
1st July 2021 by EmmaCheapest places to holiday in August
Throughout Europe, August is the busiest holiday season of the year. With scorching hot temperatures and summer holidays on everyone’s wish lists, it can also be the most expensive. It pays to keep your eyes open for package deals, in order to book early. The team at Simply Holiday Deals will make it easy for you, by delivering the best ones straight to your inbox.If you can schedule your holiday for later in the month, it’s possible to take advantage of cheaper prices, as the holidays wind...
9th November 2020 by The Scrapbook of LifeMagical Christmas City Breaks in Europe
As we head deeper into the Autumn, you may be starting to think about planning a Christmas break to get yourself into the festive spirit. To help you decide where to go, here are 5 of the best destinations for a Christmas city break in Europe. Magical vibes, traditional markets, streets illuminated with lights, and scrumptious Christmas delights – what’s not to love?...
1st February 2021 by Inside the Travel LabBerlin in one day: The 24 hours in Berlin itinerary
Is it possible to see Berlin in one day? Well, for a complex city with a complex past, you can do a lot in 24 hours without feeling rushed. How? Through some strategic choices and inside tips. Though I'd heartily recommend you give the city more time, here's how to spend one day in Berlin....
24th February 2020 by Budget TravellerPerfect weekend getaway from Berlin - Potsdam
Just a 40 minute ride from the chaotic and bustling Berlin, stepping into Potsdam feels like entering a different universe. Having visited and lived in Berlin for the past 10 years, I immediately asked myself what took me so long to visit this city. From Prussia to the birthplace of film, European architecture, international science institutes, and the decision to divide Germany, Potsdam is a wonderful microcosm of Europe’s diverse history and declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1990...
Weather in Berlin
Our month-by-month guide to the weather and climate in Berlin