Recent winners update
We get to hear about lots of winners through our Travel Competitions UK Facebook group and we thought it might be inspiring to include occasional updates about recent successes and people enjoying their prizes. We can't give too many details for privacy reasons, but you'll see posts and more details for all the following wins and prizes in the group itself.
We'd really love to hear from you if you win anything from entering one of the competitions we've featured on our website and in our Sunday round-up email.
Congratulations to all the lucky recent winners below:
- Samantha: 7-night Croatia cruise
- Alex (only been 'comping' for a week and won): Overnight stay in the Cotswolds with dinner, wine and spa
- Debi: 2-night break in Suffolk (Prima Magazine competition)
- Amy (first ever win): An overnight stay for two in the New Forest with breakfast, £30 each towards dinner and 2 glasses of champagne
- Ang: A Champneys Spa break worth £2,500 AND his granddaughter won Jet2's "Design a Christmas Card" competition and received £1,000 towards a Jet2 holiday and her design is going to be used as Jet2's official corporate Christmas card for 2021
- Diane: Luxurious weekend break for 2 at Hotel Indigo, Kensington
- Ashley: Runner-up prize in a Disneyland Paris competition and won loads of Disney goodies, including the 'Villainous' board game, a snowglobe and lots of Minnie and Mickey-related memorabilia
- Viv: 2-night stay for 4 at the Gin Trap Inn in Norfolk (Coast Magazine competition)
- Ann-Marie: A stay in the Portman Marylebone Hotel, London (Condé Nast Traveller competition)
- Jan: £1,000 Virgin Experience card
- Joanne: 50" smart tv, soundbar, treat hamper & £100 takeaway voucher
- Lynsey (first ever win): £250 Argos gift card
After over a year of lockdowns and pandemic-related problems lots of group members have finally been able to enjoy their prize wins recently. They've been sharing details and photos of their stays:
- Charlotte: Just back from a week in Barbados (won last year in a Barbados Tourist Board competition). She even paid for a catamaran tour on her holiday using cash from a different prize win!
- Anna: All-inclusive Mallorca holiday and £500 spending money
- Natalia: Celebrated her birthday in Paris using Eurostar Premier return tickets from a comp win
- Helen: A stay in Chard, Somerset
- Amy: A week's stay at a cottage in Suffolk
- Natalie: Royal Crescent Hotel, Bath stay
- Karen: Holiday in Cyprus
- Niki: 3-night break at Cobbles Apartment in Staithes, North Yorkshire
- Jackie: An overnight stay in a river view suite at The Savoy in London, with cocktails in the Beaufort Bar, dinner in The River restaurant and breakfast
- Debbie: 2-night stay at Casita Lodge in the Forest of Dean with a deluxe private hot tub
- Claire: Short break to Kent including lunch for 4 at The Pig-at Bridge Place (Muddy Stilettos competition)
- Emma-Louise: Yorkshire and Scotland getaways using prize vouchers
Although some months are definitely quieter than others for hearing about successes, it's definitely been a bumper few weeks recently.
Best of luck to everyone!
Similar blog posts
From the UK's most popular travel bloggers
13th June 2012 by Emma's Travel TalesClimbing the Florence Duomo
It was a perfect mid-summers day in Florence and at least a million degrees (okay, around 30, but I’m Scottish!), and we crazily decided to tackle the 460 something steps that stood between us and the top of the Florence Duomo. Whilst waiting in the shaded queue to begin our climb it didn’t seem too hot, but once we got to the front and started the first 30-or-so steps, boy was it warm.Everyone who visits Florence admires the green, pink and white marbled exterior of the Duomo, but not...