Magical Norway city & fjord summer break with train travel from £899pp
Please note that this deal has now expired. View similar deals still available.
A trip to see the Norwegian fjords should be on everyone's bucket list. This Secret Escapes deal ticks all the boxes, taking you from Oslo to the famous fjords via an unforgettable railway journey on the famous Flåm Line. The package also includes two fjords boat cruises, a stop in Bergen plus return flights to the UK.
- Two nights in a Standard room at the Thon Hotel Opera (or similar), Oslo (B&B)
- Two nights in a Standard room at the Kviknes Hotel (or similar), Balestrand (breakfast and dinner)
- Two nights in a Standard room at the Zander K Hotel (or similar), Bergen (B&B)
- Train journey from Oslo to Flåm (change in Myrdal for the iconic Flåmsbana)
- Cruise on the Aurlandsfjord and Sognefjord from Flåm to Balestrand
- Cruise on the Sognefjord from Balestrand to Bergen
- Three-hour sightseeing tour in Oslo
- Two-hour sightseeing tour in Bergen
- English-speaking guide from day two to day six included
- Flights are included from London Gatwick to Oslo, with return flights from Bergen, Norway
- 10kg hand luggage allowance per person included
- Hold luggage is not included
- Airport transfers not included
- This holiday is supplied by Secret Escapes and is ATOL protected (ATOL 11257)
The £899pp package is currently available for departures in May, August, September and October.
Start your six-night Norwegian adventure in Oslo, the country’s charming and creative capital. You’ll never tire of sightseeing in this wondrously hip spot, and you could discover its very best features at your own pace – highlights include the Royal Palace and Parliament, which you can visit between multiple stops for coffee and fresh seafood specialities. You’ll more than enjoy kicking back at Thon Hotel Opera, set in an ideal location near the impressive opera house.
If you’re of the thinking that bigger is always better, then you’ll love what comes next as you make your way through pretty Flåm (so pretty, in fact, that Flåm Railway you'll travel aboard has been named one of the world's most beautiful train journeys) en route to the region of Sognefjord – at 204 kilometres long, this is the proverbial king of Norway’s fjords. Hosting on its shores since 1877, the family-run Kviknes Hotel in Balestrand offers a timeless base; it features a restaurant with a flair for locally sourced cuisine, an extensive wine cellar and plenty of balconies to take advantage of those breath-taking fjord views. While here, you’ll have the option of partaking in a full-day’s tour to Fjærland, where you’ll spot tiny towns tucked in amongst imposing glaciers.
You’ll move on to a two-night stay at Zander K Hotel in Bergen, a city on the southwestern coast, set against a spectacular mountainous background and surrounded by fjords. No place is quite as idyllic as this UNESCO World Heritage Site, probably best known for the colourful buildings and pointed rooftops along Hanseatic Wharf.
Important: Prices are correct at the time of publishing, however they are subject to change at any time depending on availability. Some promotional prices will be strictly limited by tour operators or airlines. Special terms and conditions may apply.