Win a holiday for two to Thuringia, Germany
Update: This competition is now closed
The Guardian, in partnership with the Thuringia Tourist Board, is running a competition to win a five-night break for two in the German region. Never heard of it? Me either, but it looks and sounds beautiful...
Medieval villages, palaces and castles, lush forests and jaw-dropping landscapes. World-famous hiking trails, arts and culture, amazing local cuisine and unbeatable cycling routes. You may not be familiar with the German region of Thuringia, but this beautiful, historic state has it all.
...there’s no reason to not cycle the iconic 700-year-old Rennsteig trail or explore one of the state’s 400 historical castles and palaces. Whether you’re visiting Bach’s birthplace of Eisenach, checking out design school Bauhaus’s roots in Weimar, discovering the world’s oldest planetarium in Jena or tasting chocolate at the legendary Goldhelm workshop in Erfurt, Thuringia has something for everyone.
What do you win?
- Two x return flights from a UK airport to Frankfurt Airport
- Two x (ICE) round-trip train tickets from Frankfurt Airport to Erfurt, Erfurt to Eisenach and Eisenach back to Frankfurt Airport
- Three nights in a four-star hotel in Erfurt’s old town
- Two nights in a four-start hotel in Eisenach’s old town
- Two x ThuringenCard welcome cards, which grants access to over 200 museums and tourist attractions in Thuringia, including various museums in Weimar, Friedenstein Castle in Gotha and Wartburg Castle in Eisenach – valid for one day. This card also includes a train ticket for regional trains and public transport in towns and cities all over Thuringia – valid for three days of your choice.
- Individual city tour for two of Erfurt with the digital iGuide
- Bike hire for two in Eisenach
- Tour with a ranger in the Hainich National Park
How to enter
- Click the red button link to take you to the competition page
- Enter your details
- Check the terms & conditions
- Click to enter
23:59 on 14th December 2018