Win a trip to New Zealand for two, with kiwi conservation experience
Evening Standard and Old Mout Cider are running a competition to win a 10-night trip to New Zealand for two people, with a kiwi conservation experience.
Here's what Evening standard have to say about the kiwi conservation experience:
The kiwi is a flightless bird, native to New Zealand, and one of the world’s most endangered animals. Every day more than 200 species become extinct all over the world. But Old Mout Cider is adamant that this particular creature – the national icon of its home country, New Zealand – will never be among them.
With ancestors dating back to the Jurassic era, the kiwi is a miracle of evolution – a truly extraordinary animal – but it is in very great danger. When explorers first arrived on the shores of New Zealand in the 13th century, they found it almost exclusively inhabited by birds. To this feathered paradise they brought mammals – predators for the unsuspecting, defenceless kiwi. Loss of habitat inevitably followed. Now only 1% of kiwis remain. And in 50 years’ time, there may be none left at all.
Old Mout Cider is teaming up with charities Kiwis for kiwi and wildlife expert Michaela Strachan to support a ground-breaking project: the creation of predator-free islands - safe havens in which the kiwi can thrive.
Sign up to the campaign today and on your behalf, Old Mout Cider will donate 20p towards Kiwis for kiwi. When signatories reach 100,000, Old Mout Cider will double each donation to 40p. To add your signature to the campaign, visit oldmoutcider.co.uk/signup
What do you win?
- Return economy flights and airport transfers from London to Auckland
- 10 nights’ accommodation in Auckland
- Exclusive kiwi conservation experience with a local conservation expert
- £1,000 spending money
How to enter:
- Click the red button link at the top of this page to take you to the competition page
- You'll need to log in or register with Evening Standard
- Fill in your phone number, to be contacted if you win
- Check the terms & conditions
- Click to enter
Competition closes: 23:59 on 7th September 2018
Share this competition with your friends
Join our Facebook Group
Similar travel competitions
- Win a 12-day trip to Belize worth over £7,000
- Win a trip to Bruges for two
- Win a £100 Amazon voucher this Black Friday
- Win flights for two to Las Vegas with Virgin Atlantic
- Win a 14-day tour of Cape Town & the Garden Route for two
- Win a Christmas markets weekend for two in Vienna
- Win a 3-night break in Gibraltar
- Win a 7-night Barbados break & tickets to the England West Indies 1st Test
- Win a 7-night walking trip for two to Morocco
- Win an opulent stay at a Crazy Bear hotel worth £250